Doug Rice, creator of the original Josh Ritter Fansite and now of joshritter.com, is on the road with Josh and the band for the quick run of shows that is the Northeast USA tour. And EVERY DAY during the week he'll be posting exclusive concert recaps from the night before, Josh's set list, photos, and shooting behind-the-scenes video from each day...


Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's Not Over...

Hey folks!

Yes, the tour is over.  I didn't want it to end, either.  But come on back!  Because while the shows have stopped for now, what I captured during them - in my memories and with my camera - are still lurking.  And I'd love to share more with you all, my fellow Josh Ritter faithful.  So look for BONUS material to come, including more photographs and perhaps most fun of all: more behind-the-scenes video clips of Josh and the band.

Let me just say also that it's been amazing to see the wonderful comments people leave here and in person at the shows about what I was trying to do, and about what the band does onstage.  Absolutely amazing.  Thanks to everyone for tuning in and spreading the love for the music...

But stay tuned!

7 comments:

  1. where is the BATES setlists??? thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, the Bates show wasn't part of "my" tour (I had to jump off after the Troy show), so I wasn't able to deliver the goods from that show like I did with the others. Apologies! But I am hoping to get some pics and hopefully even the setlist...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug--Thank you so much for the recaps, it really was the next best thing to being there. Your enthusiasm certainly came through in your stories from each night. And just like after attending one of Josh's shows, I had a smile from ear to ear by the time I got through each of the recaps. Looking forward to more of the "bonus material."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading these made it feel like I was at each and every concert, awesome. Can't wait until Josh comes back to Canada so I can witness another of his brilliant shows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work Doug; was a pleasure reading all of your recaps, especially the show I attended in MA. Looking forward to a few of the extra and hopefully an appearance on the tour (hopefully!) for the next record!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doug, Its too bad you weren't able to be at the Bates show. It was really fantastic, with many, many blissful moments. The crowd wasn't what it sometimes is- but Josh was a wonderful as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the Bates show was amazing. :-)

    the crowd was a bit quiet until the end of the show when Josh asked everyone to get up for the last song... i think that because the seating was so intimate, nobody wanted to get up.

    ReplyDelete